Jim Henson’s the Dark Crystal: Board Game coming early 2018
Usually we'd be super excited about this, but given how terrible we thought the Labyrinth board game was, it's kind of hard to get too excited. Still here we go, Riverhorse are taking pre-orders for Jim Henson’s the Dark Crystal: Board Game coming early 2018.
You may recall it was Riverhorse who released the highly anticipated Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Board Game, only for many gamers to end up feeling duped (it has a 5.4 rating on BGG and we think that's probably kind). A gorgeous game, but just nothing else to it. Still perhaps you still have hope in your heard for Jim Henson’s the Dark Crystal: Board Game, so here's the skinny:
Will Jen and Kira manage to find the Shard and heal the Dark Crystal? Find out in this fun family board game for 2 to 4 players based on the classic The Dark Crystal movie by Jim Henson.
• 4 highly collectable figurine renditions of the main characters: 2 Gelflings – Jen and Kira (with Fizzgig!). 2 Skeksis – skekSil the Chamberlain and skekUng the Garthim-Master
• Rules booklet – 24 pages.
• 2′ × 2′ game board – lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including Aughra’s Observatory, the Valley of the Stones and the Crystal Castle.
• 25 World cards, 9 Mystic cards, 7 Skeksis cards and 15 Minion cards.
• Over 20 game tokens.
• 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20).
• 4 character sheets and 4 Special Ability cards.
• Cardboard stand-ups and bases: 4 Garthim, 1 Slave Podlings, 1 Gourmand Skeksis and 1 Slave-Master Skeksis
• 1 Orrery turn track (top and bottom, with plastic connector).
Well, consider our fingers crossed, but our expectations low.